Sunday, June 21, 2009

Love, Life, and a large dose of Logan: The week that was

Finally, this blog has its first non-didactic entry.
Stuck at home for the early part of this week, courtesy influenza, I spent it in the usual manner; Little contact with humanity, lots of DVD, a little benadryl and extensive theorizing.
But first let me start with O Henry. I was reading The Last Leaf (yet again) and was surprised (yet again) how much the story enthralls me. It is probably just my obsession with the idea of death, But, for me, the climax of the story is Johnsy's flash of realization.
"I've been a bad girl, Sudie. Something has made that last leaf stay there to show me how wicked I was. It is a sin to want to die.

The rest of the lovely tale is typical O Henry irony.

The theme of ensuring that one leaves one's mark - one's masterpiece - before taking leave is one that I, the ultimate theatric, have often toyed with. (Incidentally, I pronounce the word "off-ten".) I've kept my debts low (both financial and emotional); ever prepared to pop-out of this world with a "No Dues" Certificate.

But what of my thoughts? What about those unexpressed emotions, sentiments, anger, love and despair that must eventually die along with me? Do I want to be remembered? Yes I do? Do I want to be missed? Most definitely NOT! In a world full of deceit and hidden agenda, I've always attempted to be blunt - brutal, at times - about having my intent very much visible. Even if my penchant for dramatic effect has often kept the manner of fulfillment of said intent in suspense!

Well, I've made my final peace with the last remaining secret. She knows; Finally! How I've felt in the ten years that I've known her and not said a word. I wish I could have said it like this... :)

Oh, and she does look like Kiera Knightley. :)

And after all the years of excuses and lies (including the big fight with DAAD about bunking a lab course to go make it to IIT-KGP) the truth is out. Those words are so beautiful... "Without hope or agenda"...

Life goes on... The same brainless work. The same silly games. The same infinite stupidity. And the same solitude.

And I caught X-Men Origins - Wolverine on DVD last night. Amazing flick! (But don't take my word for it! After all I adore the character and will watch the Logan saga, even if the role is assayed by Akshay Kumar!) And finally we have a director and writer who stick to the story line of the original comic book: Unlike the silly spider-man movies which turned the arse-kicking punch-line quoting spidey into a love-lorn loser! I watched the entire X-Men series and then, out of pure masochism, downloaded and watched the spidey movie series as well, just so that I could feel the difference.

And so ends the inside view of my mind and its twisted and dizzying paths. I promise to get back to being "Il Professori" very soon. Let me just get over the virus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home