Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Missing a part of me

I know this path -
I've been down it before.
It ends in lonelineness -
I know.

You walked there once -
with me.
As I was learning to walk -
free.

You held my hand and smiled -
gently.
By the rose hedge, you turned around -
and kissed me.

The hedge is still there -
the roses still bloom.
The garden is still beautiful -
just not so much without you.

I miss your loving eyes.
I miss your silly smile.
I miss your hug.
I miss your touch

I know how much it hurts.
I know the pain will never dull -
for I'm missing a part of me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sriharsha Salagrama said...

If only there was a smiley for a wry smile...
If only... Pegasus...
Thanks Anon.

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pleasure:)

10:27 pm  
Blogger The Dingbat said...

:)
Yes .. Just not as much without you ..
I too want to put up a wry smile here!

6:02 pm  
Blogger Sriharsha Salagrama said...

Danke, fraulien Anitha! It took me fifteen minutes to pen that one line. I'd had initally penned down "just not as much without you" which would have been grammatically correct. It just didnt seem right though!
Much self-loathing followed after I changed it to "just not so much without you". I'm still not entirely convinced that this is better.
Btw, the poet in you would appreciate the fact that this piece is my first attempt at writing something that isn't in iambic pentameter.
I usually love iambs for their sing-song nature and the delightful ease in setting to music.
I think I'll try a haiku next.

6:20 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home