Sunday, July 10, 2011

A letter to all the parents of IITians.

This is a letter that I'd love to post on behalf  of every IITian to his/her parents:

Dear Mom & Dad,
I know that I was one of the smartest kids in my school. I was always 1st or thereabouts. You know what? Every SINGLE one of these 2000 guys who joined along with me, can say the same thing about THEMSELVES. Yeah! Yeah! I know that the general idea is that I should top every single semester and come out in 4 years as the student of the year. But let's be just a little bit more realistic. 
If I flunk a course: Remember. I didn't commit murder. I didn't burn your house down. I didn't plant a bomb in a crowded public place. I failed a course. I know you don't want to see me as a loser but please put it in perspective. 
I may not win every single competition. But the only time I lose is when I do not dare to enter a competition for fear of losing. 
I have come here to learn something. I'd like to come out after I've learnt it. If it takes 6 years (instead of 4) for me to learn it, SO BE IT!

Love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home